Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Farewell, Chubby! You'll be missed for sure

Our poor Chubby.

Never I thought that I won't be seeing Chubby, the family's doggie, on my visit this May and never in the future. For thirteen years, he became our domestic sweetheart. He was the kind of dog that every master would want. Sweet, cutie especially when he was young, watched over the house and dad's fighting cocks every night or every single time that nobody's home, so fearless and had a mind like human. Everyone in the family loved and admired him for his unique qualities.

Monday, April 19th, I saw the pictures of him laying down on the ground tagged by my youngest sister on Facebook. I was thinking he died because of his age. Lately that I knew that someone intentionally killed him. He was poisoned by those selfish neighbors who want to steal my dad's fighting cocks. Chubby was fearless and would bark if he ain't familiar with the person/s and would bite if needed, so getting rid of him was their best way.

I couldn't compose myself when I learned about the news. My heart was not at ease and I'm starting to feel it again now that I am sharing here. I am also worried about my dad because he is so attached to Chubby. They are like bestfriends. I remember Chubby would shed tears everytime my dad leaves home for work and would keep on jumping when dad comes home from a month-long-work. I think dad is so angry 'til now. Just hope he won't catch anyone who did kill Chubby or they would end up in a wheelchair. My dad would sure beat their ass or even shot 'em with his gun if he can't control his temper.

Whew! I am really missing Chubby. I so wanna hug him right now but too late. My family in the Philippines - Dad, Mamang, older brother and youngest sister gave him a burial that he deserved. Chubby will always be the best doggie of the family.

2 comments:

  1. oh that is so sad to hear. We have dogs in the house and I sympathize to your predicament.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my..poor Chubby! :'( how could a person have the heart to kill a dog?!

    ReplyDelete