Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry X'mas to one and all!

Tonight is the eve of Christ's birth. Supposedly, we are having our first family dinner. Unfortunately, the hubby has to work. So it's just me and the 'lil one in this quiet home. Too bad the rain is flooding the earth, too. Thus, I hear no fireworks at all! I peeked at the window and saw nothing but darkness on the road and a dim light at neighbors' home. I wonder what's going on why most Americans are not celebrating the birth of Christ? Why they are not as excited as I am? Why Halloween is more to be celebrated than tonight's event? Another thing to think about while compelling myself to embrace America's culture and lifestyle.

What's making me more sad is that I got nothing from my family back home (Philippines). No card! No hi, hello! No greetings! How cruel these people are? Why am I expecting in the first place when I shouldn't? I have given my greetings and gifts so early and here I am waiting for nothing. I guess it's best to let go and think of the blessings I have.

Thirty more minutes and it's officially the 25th of December 2009! So before that happens, I will be rushing to the 'lil one's bedroom. She is asleep. I wanna celebrate Christmas beside the most wonderful gift I have from HIM. Oh well, I don't intend to stay long on my PC. I better go!

Hope you had a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment